The goal of the Planned Giving Program is to increase both the quality and quantity of philanthropic giving and create a generation of Alaska philanthropists. The specific task of our planned giving officer is to aid Alaska nonprofit organizations in developing the infrastructure they need to attract high-end gifts and to work directly with local professionals and potential donors in crafting charitable gifts to suit both donor goals and the needs of the nonprofit.
Planned Giving services can be purchased either by the hour, half-day or full-day. There is also a yearly package available to our Partner Organizations. The package includes:
- Interviews with board and staff
- Presentations/Training to board and staff as needed on: planned giving, endowment, estates and wills, trusts, gift annuities
- Assistance in creating planned giving/endowment sub-committee
- Development of organization gift policies, investment policies, as well as documents necessary to effectuate gifts
- Meet with and/or make presentations to donors, perspective donors and others as requested and draft any necessary documents related to those meetings
- Assistance in the development of a planned giving plan for integration into the organizations strategic and fund development plans.
- Assistance in developing a communications and marketing plan to support major and planned gifts
- Act as ‘on call’ technical support for the executive director, development staff and board in communicating and closing planned gifts
Interested in receiving Planned Giving services? Contact us to make an appointment