Rural Capacity Initiative
The Foraker Rural Capacity Initiative is a two-part project. The first component, a Business Plan Competition, took place in 2015 with the purpose of developing and fostering job creation and economic development in specified communities within the Bristol Bay/Lake and Peninsula region.
Ten organizations received awards to build or enhance their businesses and create more jobs in their communities. To learn about the selection process or to see the list of organizations that received awards, please see the press release about the project.
The second component of the initiative is focused on building capacity for community organizations in the region.
Foraker is offering individualized training, facilitation, and mentoring in a variety of leadership and management topics.
Services could include:
- Community-wide trainings, facilitations, convening
- Customized facilitated sessions for specific groups
- Leadership mentoring
- Sustainability assessment
- Educational tuition to our Certificate in Nonprofit Management and Catalyst for Nonprofit Excellence programs (once the application is approved)
Topics for discussion could include:
- Board Governance
- Financial Management
- Human Resources
- Business Planning
- Advocacy Planning
- Strategic/Annual Planning
If your organization is interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact Jonella Larson White at firstname.lastname@example.org or (907) 743-1209.