Contact: Radhika Krishna
Address: 161 Klevin St. Suite 204, Anchorage AK 99508
Phone: (907) 274-0191
The mission of the Anchorage Community Land Trust (ACLT) is to develop healthy and prosperous communities in Anchorage by acquiring, developing and planning for the land and projects necessary to bring about sustainable neighborhood revitalization and economic development. As Anchorage’s only neighborhood-scale community development organization, ACLT’s real estate holdings and community and economic development programs support low-income neighborhoods and focus on creating strong commercial corridors and neighborhood assets. Our Set Up Shop program, which launched in 2018, provides a pipeline of training, lending, business assistance, and real estate help for entrepreneurs from our core neighborhoods, which are Mountain View, Fairview, and Spenard. For more information, see anchoragelandtrust.org and setupshop-ak.com.
4 weeks ago
||Closing Date: June 30, 2019
||Location: Anchorage, AK
$52,000.00 - $58,000.00 Exempt; salary
||Status: Full time
||Benefits: Health and Dental Insurance, Family Leave, Competitive PTO
||How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit by email a cover letter and a resume documenting professional, education, and community experience. Application documents should be submitted as PDF attachments to Radhika Krishna, Director of Programs of the Anchorage Community Land Trust, at email@example.com.
This position is part of the Programs Department with the mandate of accomplishing the programming goals of ACLT. The Loan Officer is primarily responsible for leading ACLT’s Set Up Shop microlending program, from client recruitment, through the navigation of the lending process, to portfolio management and client follow-up. This work will be accomplished by working with ACLT’s program staff, our Loan Committee, and with lending partner Cook Inlet Lending Center (which will assist with underwriting, closing, and loan servicing). The Loan Officer is also responsible for assisting the other Set Up Shop program components (training and technical assistance), as well as with ACLT’s program administration, development, and communications. Occasional evening and weekend work, scheduled in advance, is required. This position reports to the Director of Programs and works alongside the program staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement and manage the Set Up Shop lending program
- Identify new lending clients, engage with them, and meet lending program goals both through internal client referrals and outreach to new clients.
- Assist lending candidates with completing loan applications.
- Under the direction of the Director of Finance and Real Estate, and working with CILC staff, prepare the underwriting report, present the loan request to the Loan Committee, and prepare closing documents.
- Manage ACLT’s loan portfolio with regular follow-up to the borrowers.
- Provide technical assistance and loan preparation services to clients
- Move training and technical assistance clients through the lending and real estate pipeline.
- Work with training graduates and other neighborhood entrepreneurs to assess needs, schedule service provision, and coordinate and contract with external providers.
- Directly provide TA services to clients, especially on finance-related topics.
- Conduct program and organization-related administrative work, and assist with ACLT’s other programs
- Compiling metrics for internal and external reports, managing program-related data, tracking and invoicing for services provided, and creating communications materials.
- Assisting with program-related development and communications, such as grant writing, reporting, and tracking.
- Assist with ACLT’s community and economic development projects (such as Grow North Farm), and other projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related discipline, or
- Three years related professional experience, demonstrating experience in small business finance, lending, project management, and direct work with clients or community members.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: Lending, finance, education, small business operations, kitchen or food business management, accounting, marketing.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships with external and community partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong data management, computer, and analytical skills.
- Candidates with bilingual fluency and/or familiarity with ACLT’s neighborhoods are strongly encouraged to apply.
Program Staff Jobs
American Civil Liberties Union of Alaska, and ACLU of Alaska Foundation
The American Civil Liberties Union of Alaska is looking for a full-time Advocacy...
Stone Soup Group
Summary of Position: This position is responsible for gathering...
Early Childhood Behavioral Health Associate
Denali Family Services
Are you interested in working with children?? Do you like laughing, playing...
Full Time Medicare Counselor
Anchorage Senior Center
Duties and Responsibilities Provide a central...