We appreciate the time committed by more than 450 nonprofit professionals who engaged in thoughtful and meaningful conversations this week at our leadership summit. For those of you who were not able to attend, you may review the presentations and handouts from our speakers on our website.
Whether or not you were at the summit, we offer this list of ways we can continue to connect.
1. Participate in quarterly advocacy check-ins. Once each quarter, Director of Public Policy Mike Walsh hosts a dialogue on issues affecting the sector. Mark your calendars for June 7 at 9:00 am. for the next session. Remember – the best time to advocate is when your legislators are out of session and in your communities. You can also join our Public Policy Alert list to keep up with important policy issues.
2. Take an important step to assure the financial health of your organization by learning more about Foraker’s new tool: Indicators of Financial Crisis. You can find the self-assessment here, or, sign up for a class with Lead Capacity Builder Chellie Skoog to learn more about protecting your financial health and resiliency.
3. Consider applying for the Catalyst for Nonprofit Excellence program. Throughout the summit, our speakers stressed the value of active listening as a way to truly communicate with others at a meaningful level. This is just one of the skills that is emphasized in Catalyst. Application deadline for the next cohort is June 16.
4. Consider, too, applying for the next cohort of the Certificate in Nonprofit Management, a program for Alaska nonprofit professionals in leadership positions who want to enhance their management skills and explore a full range of issues and best practices to use in their organizations. Application deadline is June 2.
5. Executive Directors – join us for the next CEO Connect. We’ll dig more into the notion of collaboration, which was a major topic at the summit, and learn from one another about what works and what doesn’t when partnering with other organizations.
6. Are you interested in more resources? Here are a few that were mentioned at the summit:
- Jeanne Bell’s report UnderDeveloped: A National Study of Challenges Facing Nonprofit Fundraising
- Foraker’s Pay Equity report
- Foraker’s 2014 report on Alaska’s Nonprofit Sector: Generating Economic Impact
- Foraker’s suggested talking points for Engaging in the State’s Fiscal Conversation
Thanks, again, to everyone who made this summit a resounding success. We are grateful to our excellent speakers, to those who came together from around the state to join in our conversations, certainly to our sponsors who enable us to offer this opportunity at a low cost, and to our board, staff, and volunteers who worked hard to pull the summit together.
We look forward to our next summit, which will be held in April 2019.comments powered by Disqus