A major focus of The Foraker Group is to educate board members, volunteers and staff so they can better serve the organizations with which they are involved. To do this, The Foraker Group offers Board Forums.
These two-hour training sessions are open to anyone who is part of a nonprofit organization and is interested in learning more about the skills required to build strong, effective organizations. Participants will learn key concepts and definitions that help them understand their role in performing these functions. Below are the classes currently offered.
[ Show Currently Scheduled ] [ Show All ]
- Business Planning for Nonprofits [Currently Scheduled]
- Leadership and Management: Fundamentals Every Supervisor Should Know
- Building a Culture of Advocacy [Currently Scheduled]
- Board Roles and Responsibilities
- Effective Board Leadership [Currently Scheduled]
- Effective Board Meetings [Currently Scheduled]
- High Performing Boards
- Developing effective strategies for workplace conflict
- Evaluating Executive Performance
- Performance Evaluation for Nonprofit Staff
- Preparing Employee Manuals
- Understanding Wage and Hour Law
- Budgeting for Nonprofits
- Financial Benchmarks: Which Indicators Matter?
- Financial Statements for Beginners
- Integrity, Transparency and Timeliness
- Internal Controls: Who Touches the Money
- Whose Money is it Anyway: Fiduciary Responsibility and Oversight
- Are You Ready for a Capital Campaign?
- Design & Construction Options for a Capital Project
- Developing a Capital Project - An Overview
- Planning for a Sustainable Capital Project - Defining your Project
- Planning for a Sustainable Capital Project - First Steps
- Building Relationships for Sustainable Income
- Making the Ask & Stewardship [Currently Scheduled]
- Strategic Grantsmanship: Section 1 - When To Write a Grant Proposal and How to Focus Your Efforts
- Strategic Grantsmanship: Section 2 - Components of a Grant Proposal and Tips for Success
- The Essentials of Fundraising: Choose your Sources, Know your Role
- The Power of a Fund Development Plan [Currently Scheduled]