||Connect Mat-Su (CM) is a network composed of organizations working to provide coordinated, organized, and useful assistance to Mat-Su residents and professionals. Resources and referrals for health, social services and social connection will be accessible at a walk-in center, via phone, through a searchable web-based database, and via a phone app. CM users will be consumers, consumer assistors, professional assistors, informational requestors, providers, funders and public health partners.
Through the CM, Mat-Su residents will have access to information on how to connect to medical, social service, legal, social and volunteer opportunities in the Matanuska Borough in Alaska. Likewise, local organizations can use CM to recruit volunteers. Additionally, by consolidating information on all health and social service programs for residents in one place, this data can be analyzed using a “systems” lens to identify areas of strengths and gaps for informing the provider community, state agencies, and the health and social services system on a path to move forward toward a more comprehensive and responsive overall system.
The Director of Connect Mat-Su is funded by the Mat-Su Health Foundation and administrated through Sultana New Ventures, LLC - a subsidiary of the Foraker Group. The Director is an employee of Sultana, LLC. Connect Mat-Su will be opening its doors in May 2018. The first components to come online for this network will be ADRC/LINKS, an imbedded Alaska Legal Services Attorney, R.O.C.K Mat-Su, and Help Me Grow. At the start Connect Mat-Su will be serving consumers via phone and in person. Other modes of access will be developed moving forward.
Core Functions of Connect Mat-Su:
• Increase awareness of and access to Mat-Su providers, programs and services.
• Offer information, navigation and referral services to Mat-Su residents.
• Enhance relationships and connectivity between Mat-Su providers.
• Connect residents to social, recreational, and supportive activities.
The Director will implement and manage Connect Mat-Su by coordinating with partners to develop key infrastructure, programs and services that achieve and align with the Connect Mat-Su vision, mission and values. The physical space for Connect Mat-Su will be in the first-floor of the future Mat-Su Health Foundation Building (opening Spring 2018), and will co-locate organizations and resources connecting Borough residents with each other, with needed services and resources, and opportunities for enrichment. The Director will create the foundation for this new community benefit, while growing the program's capacity, scope and quality over time.
Conduct Outreach and Develop Strong Relationships with Partners
• Establish and maintain relationships with Mat-Su partners and recruit new partners to join Connect Mat-Su. This may include, but is not limited to: travel to conferences, attendance at meetings throughout Mat-Su and Anchorage and hosting regularly-scheduled meetings to bring together partners and stakeholders.
• Serve as primary spokesperson for Connect Mat-Su.
• Oversee and manage Connect Mat-Su branding and marketing
• Work closely with the organizations who share space in the first floor of the new building to ensure effective and efficient coordination of shared resources, including equipment, personnel, and space.
• Identify, invite and coordinate with partners to use the itinerant office space in the Connect Mat-Su space, including developing partner agreements and overseeing and scheduling use of the space.
Manage Technical Network Components
• Oversee the selection, purchase and installation of information and referral technology for Connect Mat-Su, in conjunction with other partners and providers in Mat-Su and Alaska.
• Work with partners to build and maintain the Connect Mat-Su database and content, including coordinating with IT consultants and others to build virtual linkages with other organizations.
• Stay up-to-date on innovative practices, funding opportunities and information and referral resources through regular attendance at relevant conferences and by maintaining memberships with key national organizations such as the Alliance of Information and Referral Systems (AIRS).
• Track use of the Connect Mat-Su database and ensure data is available to members and partners.
• Identify and implement ways to enhance connectivity in remote parts of the Mat-Su through technology components such as a mobile app, electronic kiosks, or other innovative methods.
Oversee Connect Mat-Su Administration and Lead a Team Based Approach
• Develop and manage Connect Mat-Su operating and capital budgets.
• Prepare quarterly and annual progress and financial reports for the MSHF grant and Sultana operating funds.
• Work with an evaluation consultant to facilitate data collection for a robust evaluation of the outcomes and impact of Connect Mat-Su.
• Revise the Connect Mat-Su strategic plan on an as-needed basis. Present this plan for feedback to the Advisory Committee.
• Hire and supervise Connect Mat-Su staff employed by Sultana.
• Coordinate regular meetings of the Connect Mat-Su Operations Team, which is composed of network partners who are staffing and conducting operations.
• Develop a funding strategy for the Connect Mat-Su that identifies, prioritizes and pursues long term funding.
• Report to the Connect Mat-Su Advisory Committee made of partners and stakeholders.
• Proven management skills
• High comfort level managing technology platforms
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, sensitive to confidentiality and diplomacy required in communicating with a broad and diverse audience
• The ability to facilitate team decision-making in a collaborative fashion
• Demonstration of a positive attitude and approach while working cooperatively in a team-oriented setting
• Ability to learn quickly, stay flexible and highly organized in fast-paced environment with competing demands while maintaining integrity of work product for self and staff
• Ability to advance the mission of the organization through detailed and effective organization skills and logistics coordination
• Solid sense of self with demonstrated qualities of integrity, loyalty, discretion and self-motivation
• Strong analytic skills and the ability to think strategically, politically and programmatically
• Demonstrated entrepreneurial work ethic
• Bachelor's degree. Comparable years of relevant experience can be substituted for educational requirements if related to the roles and responsibilities of this position
• Minimum of 10 years working in a position that interfaces with the community or large customer base
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in leadership and/or management
• Experience convening partners and building coalition(s) and managing public or private partnerships
• Super user of Microsoft office suite, Microsoft Access and other database management systems
• Super user of standard office communication systems, hardware, copiers, and other office equipment
• Demonstrated skill and experience in information retrieval and information/data management
• Proven track record of effective experience in a start-up environment
• Ability to travel locally to Anchorage and throughout Mat-Su, as well as nationally, as needed
This position is funded by the Mat-Su Health Foundation and administrated through Sultana New Ventures, LLC, a subsidiary of The Foraker Group. The Director is an employee of Sultana, LLC. This position reports to the Connect Mat-Su Advisory Board.
Any description of work is a picture of the major responsibilities of a position at a given point in time. Jobs are dynamic and assignments/priorities may change. The primary purpose of this description is to outline and communicate key tasks and expectations for the position. This description does not imply or create a contractual relationship. Sultana New Ventures, LLC is an at-will employer.